Tuesday, August 2

Perfect and Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe



I have loved chocolate chip cookies for as long as I can remember (like many people I assume), however since the thick and soft ones are my favorites, I hunted for a long time to find the perfect recipe for me. I found it through Sally's Baking Addiction and now it's my go-to! I do make them a bit differently than she does but the recipe is hers.

| Ingredients |
  • 2+1/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1+1/2 tsp. cornstarch
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks) unsalted butter)
  • 3/4 cup loosely packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk, cold
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract (or 1+1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp vanilla, butter, nut flavoring) 
  • 1 cup mini chocolate chips
| Directions |
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, corn starch, and salt and set aside.
  3. In a medium microwave safe bowl, heat the butter for 15-20 second intervals until it's about half melted. Using a whisk, stir until it is entirely liquid but still opaque yellow.
  4. Whisk in the brown and white sugar.
  5. Whisk in the whole egg first, followed by the yolk, and lastly the vanilla. The cold eggs and partially melted butter will create a thick wet dough that can bypass the refrigerating step!
  6. Using a rubber spatula, add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until almost combined but small ribbons of flour remain. Add the chocolate chips and stir completely.
  7. Using a cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper) about two inches apart. Using a few extra chocolate chips, place them on top of bare areas on the cookies before baking (it makes them look super cute and fancy)
  8. Bake for 13-15 minutes. The bottom of the cookies should not be much darker than the tops. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes on the tray to finish baking, unless the bottoms are golden and the cookies hold together well!
I love these cookies so much. They're soft but they hold up really well in cookie jar or in a lunch box ;) This recipe is also a really good base for other flavored cookies as well! I've used it to make banana chocolate chip ones, black forest, and double chocolate. Let me know if you give it a shot!

Thanks for reading! xo
Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!