Monday, June 9

Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (mask?) Review

I'm going to start this off by saying that I'm not totally (or even a little) sure about the difference of "mask" and "masque." I've heard that a masque has to do with a costume or masquerade party, but that wouldn't really make sense sine this product is definitely not for faces or parties.. Anyway, let's get into the review!

| PACKAGING |

I think this packaging is adorable! It's covered in little doodle-style flowers with green labels and accents. I really like that it's a pot, especially since I can get as much product as I need really easily. Some people have complained that  it's hard to open and close in the shower since it has a big, threaded lid, but I keep mine in my caddy and it stays pretty dry so it's not too bad. I think it's really cute especially since I'm a total sucker for cute packaging!

| FORMULA |

This stuff smells really great! It's fresh and sweet. It's so hard to explain, but I can promise it's awesome. It's a pretty thick consistency, (as you can see in the third picture) which is normal for any deep conditioners or masks. It's a medium cream color that's pretty shiny with a ton of tiny swirls of extra reflective stuff. I'm not sure why it's like that, but it looks nice in the tub.

| RESULTS |

The first time I tried this was last summer on vacation when I bought a sample of it at Rite Aid (I think they're like three dollars for two or so uses). It made my hair really soft and shiny and it smelled phenomenal. I ended up buying a full 8.5 oz size on Amazon for $20 or $23 (buy it at Ulta if you're going to; it's always $23 and you could use a coupon) and when I tried it again it didn't work for me at all. A lot of people said it made their hair feel like straw and it totally did to me that time and the next time. I put it away (sadly, I might add) and forgot about it until about a month ago. Now it works amazingly for my hair again! I think it may be because I'm almost completely sulfate free except for my occasional clarifying shampoo showers.

| OVERALL | 

I'm glad that this works for me again; I love the smell and the results! This does have silicones and not-so-great stuff, but I think I'm totally fine with using it after clarifying my hair to put the moisture back in my hair that it desperately needs.
Thanks for reading! xo

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is so pretty! Good job x

    L&L - http://sisterblend.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hair products that have a sweet smelling scent!
    thegirlsnextdooruk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's pretty necessary I think! :)

      Delete
  3. Everyone seems to love this product, there has been major hype over it lately. I hope I can try it myself. Love your blog! I followed you. http://thecoruscation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girl! :) I've seen little samples of at quite a few stores and I'm so glad I finally gave into it.

      Delete
  4. I've been thinking about getting a hair mask lately -- maybe this one? I'm really trying to get away from the silicones, though, since I get build up on my fine hair so easily. (If you're interested in silicone and paraben free hair products, btw, I just wrote a review for Herbal Essences new Naked line on my blog.) Thanks for the review!

    Stay in touch,

    Elizabeth
    episeofcake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hair gets build up really easily as well but I haven't had any problems with this mask luckily! Thank you for reading! I'll take a look at your post. :)

      Delete

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!