Tuesday, June 3

May Hair Empties 2014!

I've recently finished quite a few products, but I figured I should split it up because there's so many hair products. This post is going to be just the hair empties and I'll do another one later. I'm skipping my May favorites this month like I anticipated since I only have three products as of right now. Hopefully I'll have more opportunities to experiment this month!

| Suave Dry Shampoo | $2.89
I've already repurchased this! It's my go-to dry shampoo (rhyming unintended). It smells great, works really well, and blends in really naturally to my hair. I can still feel that I have dry shampoo in my though, and Meghan Rienks said in a recent video that the Batise ones aren't like that, so that may be my next victim. ;) Especially since I now have an Ulta less than 20 MINUTES away!

| Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer | $3.99
I have a tiny bit of another heat protectant left, so I haven't purchased a new one yet. I wasn't all that impressed with this stuff, probably because I had high expectations from Youtubers. It does smell really good but it makes my hair feel kind of weird. You can definitely feel that I have something in my hair, however it doesn't make it soft. I don't think I'm going to repurchase this guy.

| One 'n Only Brazilian Tech Keratin Kurl Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner | $8.99 
This shampoo was too moisturizing for me. I liked the conditioner, but my scalp doesn't need a whole lot of hydrating like this gives. I purchased the Not Your Mother's Way to Grow shampoo and conditioner instead of it and I love it way more than these ones. If you have dry hair this would probably work wonderfully!

| It's a 10 Miracle Leave In Product | $9.99
I don't know if I've mentioned this before but I have naturally frizzy hair. I've always heard really good things about It's a 10 so I thought I'd try it out. This smells so good! Do you sense a pattern? I love smelly hair things. It's a really thick cream that you can apply in wet or dry hair. I tried both (alone and together) and the tamed frizz never lasted for very long. For $10 I would expect this to work better. I may try the "plus keratin" version soon to see if that fares any better in my hair. Presently I'm not planning on repurchasing.

| Herbal Essences Moroccan My Shine Conditioner | $2.99
I'm always trying out new conditioners, and I recently found the end of this bottle when I was trying to finish my Keratin shampoo. This, again, smells wonderful. I don't think it makes my hair exceptionally shiny or soft, but it definitely improves the look and feel of my hair. I wouldn't say it's a drastic change, but it does do what it claims to. I may repurchase this sometime when I want to switch up my hair routine again.

| Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner | $2.99
I used to use the shampoo and conditioner throughout middle school and especially on vacation. I absolutely love the smell, partially because of nostalgia but also because it just smells awesome. It definitely makes my hair softer, and I know I'll eventually buy it again, since I always do. However, I also like exploring other options and right now I'm loving my Not Your Mother's.

That's all the hair empties I have for you right now! See why I split them up? I'll have to wait for a bit to post my other empties; I only have a few right now.
Thanks for reading! xo

2 comments:

  1. How did you get your hair so long?xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just let it grow! To be honest, I haven't had a professional hair cut in almost 4 years.. yikes! I trim my ends myself but I think I'll be going in for a reshaping this week. I'm really excited but also nervous of course! Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!