I love avocados. I'm almost as bad as those women on the Subway commercial. I eat them in as many ways as I can (not all in one day; I'm not that crazy) because I just love them. I eat them on my burgers, sandwiches, salads (sooo good), and now on toast with a nice little over easy egg on top. It may sound a little strange, but trust me it's delicious.
| DIRECTIONS |
- Start by heating a small non-stick skillet on 6.0 (or a little above medium).
- Crack an egg into the heated pan and add some salt and pepper. Then put a piece of whole-grain bread into the toaster and grab an avocado.
- Slice the avocado in half length-wise. Twist it apart and use the side without the pit. (I've heard that they stay fresher in the fridge if they have the pit in them.) Using the same knife, make vertical cuts down the avocado then across it to make little squares. This makes it easy to scoop out onto the toast.
- By now the egg should be ready to flip. Using a spatuala, carefully flip it over so it can finish cooking momentarily.
- Grab out your done toast, add a little butter, scoop out the avocado, gently squish it with a fork, and add a little bit of salt on top.
- Once the egg is done (it only takes a minute or so) flip it onto your bed of avocado and dig in!
This is my absolute favorite breakfast. I eat it all the time because it's so delicious! The only downside is that I constantly have to buy avocados.. I love them though, so it doesn't bother me too much. Let me know if you try this out. Thanks for reading! xo