My sister got a Babycakes donut maker for Christmas a few years ago and we've accidentally made it a tradition to make some every time I stay at her house!
Because we love pumpkin spice (like most people) and it's officially fall so we wanted to try making some pumpkin spice doughnuts but couldn't find a recipe specifically for the Babycakes maker so we found a regular baked pumpkin doughnuts recipe and played around with that!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground all spice, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups flour
| Directions |
- Plug in the Babycakes maker (or preheat oven to 350).
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Lightly grease the Babycakes or a doughnut pan and fill the wells about 3/4 of the way. *we filled our Babycakes almost to the top so it's kind of trail-and-error).
- Let bake for 3-5 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean (or bake for 15-18 minutes).
- Combine a 1:4 ratio of cinnamon to sugar in a sandwich bag and shake each doughnut in the mixture once they've cooled on a cooling rack for a few minutes.
Thanks for reading! xo