Thursday, March 26

♡ Kitchen Beauty Care ♡ DIY Coconut Oil and Honey Hair Mask


I used to do coconut oil hair masks two-three times a month before I started getting regular haircuts. I don't know why I stopped then, I mean, it only makes hair way softer and smoother so why not? I started searching for recipes online and I found that coconut oil and honey together are good pals that lend a hand to hair. I've tried mixing honey into shampoo before and it worked well for my hair type so I was excited to give this a shot too.During the end of winter I always get a little bit of a dry scalp which coconut oil supposedly helps so I had a lot of hopes for this mask. If you use heat, color, or have damaged hair, this mask should work well for that also!

| Ingredients |
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil 
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- shower cap
- wide tooth comb 


| Directions |
  1. Stir together equal parts coconut oil and honey. Depending on hair length, use 1-2 tablespoons of each. I used two! If it's very thick, microwave until it's thinner and easier to apply.
  2. Apply from root to tip (possibly over a bathtub), focusing on the ends.
  3. Gently brush through hair while applying using a wide tooth comb.
  4. Wrap into a bun and cover with a shower cap. Let sit for 45-60 minutes or as long as you can.
  5. Don't add water to hair before beginning to shampoo; the oil is hydrophobic and will be harder to remove. Apply shampoo to the scalp and massage. Gently add water to hair, bringing it through the ends with the shampoo. It may need shampooed twice to get everything out, something I'm not very good at. 
  6. Towel or t-shirt dry hair and style as usual.
That's how it's done! I used organic, cold-pressed, virgin olive oil and organic honey (the same one as in my DIY Makeup Remover post) but I think regular coconut oil and honey should also do the trick. It's really easy and I was impressed with the results. The picture of my hair in my tacky 8th grade Old Navy sweatshirt is the next morning without any products whatsoever. I think I've expressed before that my hair is naturally frizzy and I didn't do anything to my hair after the mask except put it in a bun while I slept.
Have you tried a similar mask?

Thank you for reading! xo Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!