Saturday, May 17

Maybelline Color Elixirs Review and Swatches


 


 

| PACKAGING |

I really like the overall packaging of these little guys. I especially like that the inner container that actually holds the lip product looks like a lipstick. I don't know how well the picture portrayed that; it's kind of hard to see unless they're in person. The plastic part around the "lipstick" is empty, but it doesn't take away the feeling of quality from the product. The lid and the band around the top of the bottle are kind of like fun house mirrors and I actually do like the way it looks. I've seen some higher end makeup brands have similar packaging with the use of metallic accents. 

| FORMULA |

I like most of the aspects of the formulation. I like how creamy these are, but they aren't too thick or too thin so they don't settle into lines which is really nice. I don't have very line-y lips, but whatever definition I do have doesn't get too accentuated. These are pretty pigmented, so I can use a little bit to get enough color and I love that. Hibiscus Haven is very bright, and it stains the lips once the product has worn off. Once it does wear off a little bit though, the product becomes slightly matte but you can still see the color. The only thing I don't really like about these is the smell. On the applicator it's just fine, but once it's on the mouth you can kind of taste the smell. It's almost perfume-y, and that's not exactly pleasant. If I keep it away from the inside my mouth, it doesn't bother me as much.

| APPLICATION |

The applicator is kind of like a fuzzy doe foot. It applies really smoothly and evenly. I do really like how soft and easy the applicator is to use, since brush ones can be kind of a pain in the butt. It doesn't give me any streaks (which is great) so they're easy to apply without a mirror. Yay!

| OVERALL |

I'm impressed with these color elixirs! I honestly didn't think I'd really like them, especially since I'm not a lip product hoarder, but they're really good. The only thing that bothers me is the perfume-y smell that lingers a bit, but I'm still considering buying more of these next time I see a sale. I saw a light coral-y color recently and I'm resisting temptation (for now).
Thanks for reading! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!