Friday, December 12

♡ Kitchen Beauty Care ♡ DIY Lemonade Scrub


I'm starting a new blog series! I make a lot of inexpensive, easy, DIY beauty treatments and products using things from my kitchen so I figured I would share with you guys! So for now, but depending on the post, I'm going to be calling it "Kitchen Skincare." I'm not sure how consecutive they'll be but I'd like to spread them out a little.
I have "normal" skin (whatever that actually implies) that can tend to have dry areas around my nose and hollows of my cheeks during the winter months. Even so, I get enough dry skin year round that I always use a scrub (I did a St. Ives scrub post back in June!) and what's nice about this DIY is that it has exfoliating, acne treating, and brightening properties. Since I have self-diagnosed myself with hyper pigmentation (my face scars from everything), this always helps quickly brighten my skin while minimizing active acne and smoothing out dry areas.  Woohoo!


This scrub is so simple- all you need is some white sugar, lemon juice, and a few cotton balls. You can use organic sugar or whatever type of sugar you want, I think brown sugar would be okay as well if you need something less abrasive since it's a finer granule. I use generic white sugar for mine every night and it still doesn't irritate my skin. Also,  rhinestone kitty ears to hold back stray hairs are recommended.


| Scrub |
To kick off the scrub, grab some cotton balls or rounds; I use cotton balls since they retain more liquid. Using a bowl or pouring from the lemon juice bottle itself, saturate the cotton ball without soaking it unless you want sugary lemon juice (or waterless lemonade) dripping down your chin. For a more abrasive scrub, add more sugar (or dip it several times) to get a much coarser grit.


After that, all you do is dip or pour some sugar on it and scrub your worries away. I use four cotton balls total: one for each cheek, one for my forehead, and one for my chin and nose area.


Rinse off with warm water and apply a moisturizer afterwards! I use the Yes To Cucumbers Daily Calming Moisturizer to help soothe any redness. For convenience, you could probably mix this scrub together ahead of time and keep a supply of it in the fridge but the sugar might loose it's abrasiveness from absorbing the lemon juice.

That's all you've gotta do! So easy. Also, bonus, it happens to taste good if it gets in your mouth somehow. If you try this out, let me know!
Thanks for reading! xo

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Definitely going to have to give this a try!!

    XO, Erica

    www.mymistersmrs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemon is amazing! Thank you for reading! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!