Friday, August 15

August Julep Maven Unboxing ♡




I've finally joined Twitter! You can follow me through the button in my social media section, along with links to my Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin! (shameless plug) 
This is my first official Julep box! This actually came in the mail about a week and a half ago when I was on vacation and the anticipation was well built by the time I got home. I can't tell you how excited I was that it's mainly nail care stuff with a bonus anniversary nail polish. It was supposed to come with a cuticle serum, quick dry drops, a nail clean up tool, and a purple glitter polish. I personally picked this one because I wasn't a fan of all of the shimmery polishes that came with the main boxes this month. My sister (Miss Amelia Joy) chose a completely different box and is going to be doing an unboxing soon for hers as well if you want to see a varying option. 




| Julep Queen Anne |
Queen Anne is a purple microglitter that reflects rainbow. It's a rather rough glitter that I think I'll end up using two coats of top coat for to get smooth. If you can tell in the "top coat" swatch, the glitter is still peeking out. I like that it doesn't have a base color-- I only have one other microglitter like that and it's a rose gold by China Glaze called Champagne Kisses.





| Mighty Nail & Cuticle Serum |
I've never used an actual cuticle oil, I've only ever used salves. Mighty comes in a metal twist-up tube with a brush applicator similar to the Stila lip glosses. It's scentless as far as my sniffer can tell. It dries very quickly which is nice since it's not greasy at all.




| Ta Da Quick Dry Drops |
I've also never tried any quick dry drops so this is a rather adventurous box for me! Ta Da smells relatively medicinal almost and I think it's from the lavender oil and a bunch of other oils. It's in a heavy glass bottle and has a rubber dropper top. I haven't tried any of these out yet, but you can expect a possible mini review of this guy later! 
  
| Bonus: Screen Cleaner |
This box also came with a little adhesive Julep screen cleaner to stick to your phone and use when your screen needs a little pick me up. And, if the adhesive wears out, you can just run it under water to give it more life again.

Unfortunately the cleanup tool was completely missing from this box, however I contacted Julep and they have sent it to me! Totally worth emailing them-- it's a dark metal tool with a rounded end and a square end for fixing nail polish. Also, it has the crosshatch-style texture (like a tool you could find in my dad's garage) and it's the size of a mini mechanical pencil! Both of which are qualities I love.
I was still impressed with this box and I'm stoked to try out these products. If ya'll want to sign up here's my referral link (hook a girl up), or you can just sign up through Julep!
Thank you for reading! xo 





2 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this brand before, but this stuff looks amazing! I am such a nail care freak. This serum looks great!
    Love Life Every Day
    everydaybeauty instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really been impressed! Especially since you can pick your box each month. They sell all of these products separately on their website if you're interested. :) thanks for reading!
      xx

      Delete

I always read comments and try to reply to any questions!